Keep Your Smile Healthy with Routine Cleanings and Exams
Proper oral hygiene will help you maintain strong healthy teeth. The American Dental Association recommends brushing your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes, flossing once a day, and visiting the dentist for a professional cleaning and exam every six months. Making these recommendations a daily habit will help you avoid gum disease and tooth decay as well as the many dangerous related conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
During your regular dental exam and cleaning, Dr. Layton will perform the following:
- X-rays: X-Rays allow us to see if there is anything going on below the surface of your teeth.
- Check for cavities: Complete examination of your teeth to ensure they are healthy. Catching cavities early will save you a lot of pain and money!
- Check for gum disease: Complete examination of the gums around your teeth for any sign of gum disease.
- Check existing restorations: Examination of any crowns, bridges, or other restorations you have had to ensure they are holding up.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a film that builds up on your teeth and can cause dental problems.
- Removal of tartar: When plaque has been left on the teeth for too long, it will turn into tartar.
- Teeth polishing: Removal of teeth stains.
- Oral cancer screening: Catching oral cancer early can save your life! We will check the soft tissues of your mouth for any possible signs or irregularities.
Contact us to schedule your cleaning and exam today!
“Providing Our Patients with Life-Changing Smiles”